Further improvement suggestions
• (Win) Disable VSYNC (vertical synchronization) in your GPU/driver settings. Enabled VSYNC can drop your frame rate extremely!
• (Win) Enable "High Performance" in your power management settings.
• (Win) If you have any trouble with Fullscreen (crashes etc) please disable HiDPI (Live 10) in Preferences > Look/Feel > Disable HiDPI.
• Don't use any Bluetooth,- and/or 3rd party routing-drivers etc. For best performance, all our audio interfaces and computers run on 256 to 512 samples at a bit rate of 44100Hz.
Try different settings in Ableton Live for best fps. In some cases less buffer size (e.g. 256) is the best solution. But in general, the higher the buffer settings in Ableton Live, the less GUI lag you'll have. A good value to start is 512 samples.
• Please don't use any special 3rd party video codecs "Made for Ableton Live" (Yes, there are some weird stuff in the world wild internet) Those may crash Zwobot!
• Close all high-GPU-needing software! Photoshop, video apps, 3D-tools and even your Internet-browser may take a lot of GPU (YouTube). All of them "can" cause some critical issues. Especially in live situations!
• Use 64bit Ableton for better overall performance.
• Freeze as much as possible in Live. More Ableton Live effects and plug-ins: less performance.
• You don't need more than 44khz audio output in a live set. Really.
• Bypass your effects (pass/bypass-button) if you temporary no need them. FX modules may take CPU/GPU even if they are not connected.
• If there are less than 30fps, sound-reactivity on the FX modules may decrease noticeably.
• If you are in a club/on a stage and adjust the projector, check if there are visible differences between the next lower resolution settings. If not, go down to the next lower possible resolution!
• When you have a live session, always remember to cool down your Macbook/Laptop/Notebook. It can get pretty hot on a stage. From about 25 °Celsius (77 °Fahrenheit) the temperature controllers start to throttle and shut down the CPU/GPU.
• Our suggestion for encoding your video-files is Handbrake. https://handbrake.fr/
• If you still have low fps, write us: firstname.lastname@example.org